Mobile & Wireless Telecom Consulting Considerations for 2023
Mobile Expense Management provides cell phone and wireless device data plans, cost containment and device management to allow proper scale for enterprises. Shadow costs in data overages, user management and device retirement are solved with a proper Wireless expense management process often using a telecom consultant to build the right plan for your organization.
Many organizations have opted to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) due to the perceived cost and because they feel it will be less management. However, more companies are reversing this approach and we expect it will rise in 2023.
Misconceptions of BYOD for mobility is primarily focused on cost savings opex by providing a “stipend” for employees vs. paying/ordering devices. However, many employees who bring their own device have limited access to outside support. Plus, they might need a connection into SDWAN in the future so standardization on a platform, securely using Mobile connectivity is something to consider.
Mobile Expense Management (MEM) Advantages:
- Pooled Data Plans. This allows an organization to use Wireless Data together so if one user is under plan and another is over, this should cancel out and prevent additional charges.
- Standard Devices Management, allowing the org to update applications and wipe out data.
- Lower cost Mobile Cell plans and hardware devices.
- Policy based Wireless Data Management allow/deny certain websites, social platforms etc. to adhere to corporate internet standards. This often reduces the amount of data used.
- Co-Management of devices and plans. That’s right, the Mobile Expense and Device as a Service programs have matured. This is good news to an already taxed IT team which now allows organizations to have shared root access for MACDs with a vendor.
- Reduces Staff Time to manage and deploy.
Mobile Expense Management (MEM) Disadvantages:
- Does take time to setup and standardize, it’s not simply a billing change only.
- Must have an IAM, Endpoint Security
- Must be fine with a co-management option.
Some companies such as Microsoft have application you can utilize however we have found several easier off the shelf options we recommend and have implemented for clients. You must consider not just the mobile devices management platform but what other communication methods you have in places especially your UCaaS environment. We also do not recommend going to a Walmart and buying a plan just because it appears “cheaper”.
POTS replacement to Wireless carriers
Many companies who still have ring phone banks for POTS lines have migrated to Wireless mobile plans. This is a great option to lower costs and POTS lines should only stay for Life Safety as Fax and Voice services can be serviced better with VOIP options.
- Who Are the Leading Colocation Providers in Boston?
- Which Should You Build? Zoom Room or Microsoft Teams Room—The Quick Answers
- What is Wi-Fi 6 and how is it used in Retail Store Environments
- What are the benefits and challenges of Edge Computing
- Network Design Guide – What are the elements of Network Design
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- Design (3)
- News (95)
- Security Services (54)
- Cloud SaaS (34)
- Wide Area Network (68)
- Unified Communications (50)
- Client story (1)
- Inspiration (1)
- Tips & tricks (17)
- All (4)
- Clients (6)